A group email is more than a simple list of email addresses. Let’s come to the benefits after we create our first email group in Gmail.
How to Create a Group Email in Gmail Quickly
Create an email group the instant you find that you are mailing the same bunch of people often. An email group is what it says on the tin—a bunch of email addresses that can share a common conversation. So open your Gmail inbox and follow the steps below.
1. Log into Google Contacts with your Gmail account.
2. Select the contacts you want to group with a checkmark against their names and email addresses on the list. I have blurred the email IDs in the screenshot below.
3. Click the Groups icon on the top (the icon with three stick heads) to show a dropdown menu.
4. In this drop-down menu, select an existing group or click Create new to place these contacts into their own unique list.
5. Enter a unique name for the new group in the New group dialog that pops up.
6. Click OK to save the email group. The group now appears on the left side of the screen, under “My Contacts”. You can also spot a label with the group name against their names on the contacts list.